Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Late night wishes


Sometimes at night I wonder why even devils are able to fly...
Why, twisted souls lurk the shadows of the night and
only the broken hearted are able to say everything will be alright.
How the color of blood is no longer a crisom red but the brightest green.
Green like the tallest tree or the most corrupt dollar.
Because every step I take on this world brings me closer and closer to a martyr.
Why bother?
When God's name always becomes a war.
And the dreams a little girl sleeps on...become; numb.
When asking for change is like asking for the death penalty.
And you think to yourself maybe it's up to me.
Up to me to take the stand and fight.
Up to me to make the darkness light...and...
change the world as we see it.
Because if you can't take that step you can dream it.
And if you dream one day you could go into a coma.
Never having to wake might change the world over....At least in your mind...
Time can fly but that would be a waste.
Like helping the devil (Old testament) hold open hell's gates.
Wait...take a step back. Retrack.
Maybe devils can't fly.
Maybe we're the one's that give them wings.
Fill our lives with things.
Things the devil himself made with bliss.
Saying; "Oh here you go pal, just don't tell God about this."
And with a wink you take it.
And maybe you make it...but one day you realize at night.
That yours wishes...they just died.

2 comments:

ringo161718 said...

I also wonder too.....but tell me were you feeling okay when you wrote this? just need to ask.

Kitty-chan said...

Yeah, It just kinda came outta me xD I'm fine though, thanks for asking *huggles*